Susanne Chenoweth is offering the smartUBC program in, BC
8 Weeks : CLASS STARTS THURSDAY APRIL 12th - MAY 31st
SMART (Stress Management and Resiliency Techniques) mindfulness training program
The smartUBC program is a eight week program starting Thursday April 12th -May 31th from 06:00-8:00pm.
The smartUBC program trains participants to:
- Manage stress through a greater understanding and control of emotions
- Employ self-care techniques to cultivate personal and professional resilience.
- Create effective strategies for relating to challenging situations
- Enhance concentration and executive function (planning, decision-making, and impulse control)
- Revitalize purpose, personally and professionally
- Improve personal overall mental and physical health
- Promote happiness through healthy habits of the mind.
Offering this session:
April 12th - May 31th, 2018 from 6:00-8:00pm,
Silent Retreat: TBA 10:00-2:00pm
Location:Pottery Road Yoga Studio
Cost per participant: $300.00 plus GST. $ 20.00 Participant manual
Minimum of 15 participants needed.
Facilitated by Susanne Chenoweth smartUBC facilitator.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of week to week sessions:
Session 1: Introduction to mindfulness. Review of the evidence and neuroscience surrounding mindfulness.
Session 2: Exploring individual awareness of sensations, emotions and thoughts. Looking at personal values and setting intentions.
Session 3: Exploration of Stress. How it presents in the body and it effects our perceptions and behaviors. How mindfulness can help impact how we respond versus react.
Session 4: Taking a look at emotions and our response to emotions.
Session 5: Self-exploration of anger, triggers and associated emotions.
Session 6: Cultivation of forgiveness of self and others
Session 7: Optional Four-hour silent retreat
Session 8: Cultivation of kindness and compassion towards self and others.
Session 9: Next steps. Cultivating sustainability in yourself and your environment.
For more information go to: http://smartubc.ca